April 15, 2010

Into my wild.

I have 25 minutes before class begins and I just feel like writing. I also want to keep a blog post somewhat 'blog-like' and keep it simple and concise. So, this will be that post. I have 15 full days left on island and from there I will be heading to California and Oregon to visit friends for a few weeks, then-back to the East Coast to be with my family at my brothers medical school graduation.  I was watching Into The Wild last night and got a new idea after hearing Christopher 'Alexander Supertramp' McCandless say new experiences are the source to a man's existence in life.

And that idea was not knowing how I'm going to get from San Francisco up to Portland? What if I hitched up? What if I got a bike and rode up!? What if I walked up? What new experiences would this bring about? I remember when I used to travel in my pickup truck in 2004. Sleeping in the back of the cab most nights and just being on the road provided a new sense of courage and adventure that I will always have with me, why not revisit this?  Here are a few photos from that trip when I was hiking the Appalachian Trail, hitchhiking near Asheville and camping on the beach in South Carolina.  To the memories of adventure, and to the ones we haven't experienced yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment