February 09, 2011

The Didg' Is Gone.. The Didg' Has Gone Away~ (or has it?)

Crack. Bang. BOOM!


That was the sound of my heart breaking open.. and as Cjay said, "Only a heart broke wide open can contain the whole world?"  


It was also the sound of m'didg slipping away from my hands, down the steps (like, cruising down the steps) and slamming into the banister at the bottom of the landing. The force created a 3-foot crack running up the didg' rendering it IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY!!!

AHH!!!


No more didg to play!


My initial reaction was to fly to Australia and find an new one. It was the path I took ten years ago to find my 'oh-so-special Australian Ironwood Eucalyptus dideridoo, so why not again?


Ah.. flights, floods, money.. I'm grounded for now.


So the next best idea was to head to LA to hunt for new didges.. So I went walkabout with m'good mate Darius Jaeger. I went to La Outback-check. Nothing there that called to me. I went to the Elevate house in Ojai and met Adil who had didges to sell... I thought this is Kismit for sure, but his didges didn't call to me either. Then Darakshan (the man who owns the house in Ojai) sent to Rafael Bejarano, a world class musician in town. 


His didges were SUPER SWEEEET!! A bit expensive though.. so I left empty handed to go on walkabout back to the Bay with Darius. 


All this meandering, and all the time following the path of my heart.. listening to intuition. I met this really awesome man in Ojai who was at the house named Cameron Powers. He's 67 years young and still travels the world playing middle eastern music. I can go on and on about this man, but he said something I want to share with y'all.. "You either follow your own intuition or the existing paradigm." 


I thought that was a rockin' status update at the time.. and it's turning out to be my mantra for my next didg'. I'm going to wait til I find the didg' that is mine, and I'm sure I'll know it when I play it.


The surprising factoid of the trip was when I got home, and I SWEAR THIS IS TRUE, the didg's crack had actually closed up! It went from a quarter inch thick to a sliver all the way up and down..

Do you think god had other plans for me and decided to close it on it's own,.. letting me know that through my search for a new didg' I was only to return home and find my original didg' waiting for me, healing on it's own, reminding me that there is no 'other' didg'.. there is only one didg.



Now I'm going to fix it and never part with it ever!


~B



No comments:

Post a Comment